Friday, July 4, 2014

June Budget Results

We are officially at the halfway mark on the year and all the budgets look pretty good and ahead of track on hair and clothing.  Here is how it shakes out so far:

June Grocery Budget 
June grocery was $450 plus underage of 1.90 from prior months = $451.91.  I spent $450.30 = under!  BUT, and this is a big BUT, I am out of a lot of over the counter meds and nonfood items so have a sneaking suspicion we will be blowing July's budget ($450 plus the underage of $1.61 = $451.61).  That plus the fact that it is definitely nice and warm and out so we have been BBQing most evenings which makes the meat bill go up.  I still have a partially stocked freezer though and the cupboards certainly don't look bare so we will see how we do.  The Costco membership is paying off as our business gets busier I have less and less time to source out bargains.  I did manage to save $5.59 this month in coupon savings (*technically not coupons but points ) when I received 4 litres of milk for cashing in some points at my grocery store.

We have been eating out more now that the business is so freaking busy but we are also making more money so that helps.  I am trying to limit it to 1 in 10 days so we don't get any plumper than we are already are.  A certain hole in the wall Chinese shop that doesn't take credit cards has seen our face a couple times this month.

Hair Budget $175 per year
Spent in June - $19.50. I did get my hair cut early in the month.  I no longer color my hair and now it is 100% natural.  EEK there are a couple of gray hairs, previously unseen due to dying.    I may have to rethink that one.  For now I am plucking them out (yes, only found 3).  Left in the budget for the year = $116.27.

Clothing Budget $200 per year
$9.98 spent on a summery dress ($7.23) and a tank top ($2.75), both like new from Sally Ann.  The tank top appears to be spanks but someone cut out the tags so I am not sure. It certainly keeps all the bulges in their appropriate spots = yay!  $123.66 left in the budget for the year.

Not a long post tonight, as we are prepping and trying to relax a bit before our garage sale tomorrow.  This is what our front hall looks like (only a small portion of what is going up for sale).  The forecast isn't good, cloudy with sprinkles, but I posted the signs, put it in the paper and we put it in 3 online spots for free (Craigslist, Kijiji, and Used Buy & Sell) and said rain or shine.  Another neighbor across the street is having one as well so I was able to advertise it as multi-family which always draws a bigger crowd.  My Mom has made a gigantic pot of Chili for after the sale, now all we need is to run to the store for some liquor.  To all my friends in the USA - Happy 4th!  Have a great weekend everyone!


8 comments:

  1. Have a great sale! I'm doing a flea market today and hoping to sell 200 things for a dollar each. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you do well. We did great, really surprised though as the weather totally did not cooperate.

      Delete
  2. Hope the rain held off for your sale! And you sold lots!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we did better because of the rain, weirdly enough. No one could go to the beach or work in their yards. I was a bit shocked we did so well.

      Delete
  3. Cannot wait to see how you did on the garage sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst weather day ever yet awesome results!

      Delete
  4. Happy late birthday!!!! All of America celebrated you.
    You are doing great on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to be ahead of the game on them, rather than behind. Hopefully things will keep going this way.

      Delete